HOST NOT RESOLVABLE seen when selenium-server-standalone 2.41 with Firefox 28 for RemoteWebDriver usecase

Krishna Kashyap

Jan 26, 2023, 7:13:00 PM1/26/23
to dev-we...@mozilla.org
What is the correct way to make use of selenium-server-standalone 2.41 with Firefox 28 for RemoteWebDriver usecase?

The way we are making use of it now is as follows,
1.  Initiate java -jar selenium-server-standalone-2.41.jar from a container
2.  Expose 4444 port from CONTAINER to HOST machine
3.  Access the HOST:port from ARM based machine

OUTPUT SEEN
First connection results in WebDriver Exception, HOST NOT RESOLVABLE, however, subsequent connetions results in no expections, everything just works after first request failure. Here, we are not making use of GeckoDriver at all.

Are we missing anything as part of setup here?