Network Security Services (NSS) 3.73 was released on 01 December 2021.
This release contains an important security fix for CVE-2021-43527:
The HG tag is NSS_3_73_RTM. This version of NSS requires NSPR 4.32 or newer.
- Bug 1735028 - check for missing signedData field.
- Bug 1737470 - Ensure DER encoded signatures are within size limits.
- Bug 1729550 - NSS needs FiPS 140-3 version indicators.
- Bug 1692132 - pkix_CacheCert_Lookup doesn't return cached certs
- Bug 1738600 - sunset Coverity from NSS
NSS 3.73 shared libraries are backwards-compatible with all older NSS 3.x shared libraries. A program linked with older NSS 3.x shared libraries will work with this new version of the shared libraries without recompiling or relinking. Furthermore, applications that restrict their use of NSS APIs to the functions listed in NSS Public Functions will remain compatible with future versions of the NSS shared libraries.