NSS documentation moving to firefox-source-docs.mozilla.org

Benjamin Beurdouche

Aug 31, 2021, 7:17:10 AM8/31/21
to dev-tec...@mozilla.org
Dear all,

As MDN has started removing documentation from many external projects,
NSS has to move its documentation.

We started bringing the documentation back into the NSS tree in the sphinx format

The source can be found in https://hg.mozilla.org/projects/nss/file/tip/doc/rst and we will
be porting the old documentation from MDN into the new location progressively.

The release notes will still be sent to this list and will also be rendered on the doc website at:

Note that making changes to the NSS tree is not enough to render the updated
documentation as the website is using the content of mozilla-central. However one can
update the NSS documentation in a local copy of mozilla-central and render it using the
`./mach doc` command.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you think you have some cycles to help with this
transition as it is both a painful task and a good opportunity to review and modernise
the NSS documentation…

Best,
Benjamin