Network Security Services (NSS) 3.76 was released on 03 March 2022.
The HG tag is NSS_3_76_RTM. This version of NSS requires NSPR 4.32 or newer.
NSS 3.76 source distributions are available on ftp.mozilla.org
secure HTTPS download:
- Bug 1755555 - Hold tokensLock through nssToken_GetSlot calls in nssTrustDomain_GetActiveSlots.
- Bug 1370866 - Check return value of PK11Slot_GetNSSToken.
- Bug 1747957 - Use Wycheproof JSON for RSASSA-PSS
- Bug 1679803 - Add SHA256 fingerprint comments to old certdata.txt entries.
- Bug 1753505 - Avoid truncating files in nss-release-helper.py.
- Bug 1751157 - Throw illegal_parameter alert for illegal extensions in handshake message.
NSS 3.76 shared libraries are backwards-compatible with all older NSS
3.x shared libraries. A program linked with older NSS 3.x shared
libraries will work with this new version of the shared libraries
without recompiling or relinking. Furthermore, applications that
restrict their use of NSS APIs to the functions listed in NSS Public
Functions will remain compatible with future versions of the NSS
Bugs discovered should be reported by filing a bug report at
A copy of these release notes will be available at
though you should expect a small delay.