MOVING mozilla.dev.tech.crypto to dev-tech-crypto in Mozilla’s Google Workspace (formerly GSuite)

Benjamin Beurdouche

Mar 26, 2021, 7:45:37 AM3/26/21
to mozilla-dev...@lists.mozilla.org
All,

This mozilla.dev.tech.crypto mailing list has been running on ancient custom-patched mailman software since the early Mozilla days. As many of you are aware, there are limitations and sometimes loss of data with the old configuration, so our infrastructure team is migrating this list to be hosted as a well-supported email-based Google Group under Mozilla's Google Workspace (formerly GSuite) account.

Currently this forum is accessed as follows:
- Newsgroup: mozilla.dev.tech.crypto
- Web: https://groups.google.com/g/mozilla.dev.tech.crypto
This list will be archived and changed to read-only on April 3, after which we will continue our conversations in the new list.

After the move, the access points will change to:
- Group Name: dev-tech-crypto
- Web: https://groups.google.com/a/mozilla.org/g/dev-tech-crypto
Note: Newsgroup access is deprecated and will no longer be an access point.

In the next week the infrastructure team will pre-populate the new group’s members list with the active users who subscribed to mozilla.dev.tech.crypto via lists.mozilla.org, and you will begin to receive email from the new dev-tech-crypto group as soon as messages are posted to it. You will then be able to update your user settings and frequency of email messages via groups.google.com.

For mozilla.dev.tech.crypto we do not have visibility into subscribers from NNTP or Google Groups, so if you do not receive notifications from the new group, you may subscribe by sending email to dev-tech-cry...@mozilla.org. This new group, dev-tech-crypto, is also public-facing via the web interface so you only need to subscribe to the new group if you intend to post messages or if you want to receive group conversations via email.

I will post another message here in mozilla.dev.tech.crypto when the new group is ready to use. At that point, we will archive the old group such that no one will be able to post in it. Google has stated that data in this old group and the URLs to messages within this old group will remain as-is. From then on messages sent to mozilla-dev...@lists.mozilla.org will be automatically forwarded to dev-tec...@mozilla.org.

Thanks,
B.