Network Security Services (NSS) 3.87 was released on 5 January 2022.
The HG tag is NSS_3_87_RTM. This version of NSS requires NSPR 4.35 or newer.
NSS 3.87 source distributions are available on ftp.mozilla.org
secure HTTPS download:
- Bug 1803226 - NULL password encoding incorrect.
- Bug 1804071 - Fix rng stub signature for fuzzing builds.
- Bug 1803595 - Updating the compiler parsing for build.
- Bug 1749030 - Modification of supported compilers.
- Bug 1774654 tstclnt crashes when accessing gnutls server without a user cert in the database.
- Bug 1751707 - Add configuration option to enable source-based coverage sanitizer.
- Bug 1751705 - Update ECCKiila generated files.
- Bug 1730353 - Add support for the LoongArch 64-bit architecture.
- Bug 1798823 - add checks for zero-length RSA modulus to avoid memory errors and failed assertions later.
- Bug 1798823 - Additional zero-length RSA modulus checks.
NSS 3.87 shared libraries are backwards-compatible with all older NSS
3.x shared libraries. A program linked with older NSS 3.x shared
libraries will work with this new version of the shared libraries
without recompiling or relinking. Furthermore, applications that
restrict their use of NSS APIs to the functions listed in NSS Public
Functions will remain compatible with future versions of the NSS
Bugs discovered should be reported by filing a bug report at
Release notes will be available at
though you should expect a small delay.