Policy 2.8.1: MRSP Issue #253: CAs MUST specify BR 3.2.2.4 Methods

Ben Wilson

Nov 15, 2022, 12:16:29 PM11/15/22
to dev-secur...@mozilla.org
All,

The purpose of this thread is to discuss any concerns or suggestions regarding a sentence in item 3 of section 2.2 in the Mozilla Root Store Policy. In Mozilla's PKI Policy repository in GitHub, Issue #253, it is suggested that we replace lower case "must" and uppercase "SHOULD" with uppercase "MUST".

This sentence in MRSP section 2.2 would then read:

The CA operator's CPS (or, if applicable, the CP or CP/CPS) must MUST clearly specify the procedure(s) that the CA employs, and each documented procedure SHOULD MUST state which subsection of 3.2.2.4 it is complying with.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,

Ben

Corey Bonnell

Dec 7, 2022, 5:28:56 PM12/7/22
to dev-secur...@mozilla.org, bwi...@mozilla.com
The proposed change to a MUST is a good one, as I understand that disclosing the BR method numbers of the DV methods that the CA employs is already a requirement as documented in the CA Required or Recommended Practices [1]. This change will align the two documents.

Thanks,
Corey