Proposal for a 24-hour pause in Entrust Discussion

Ben Wilson

Jun 25, 2024, 5:32:39 PM (7 days ago) Jun 25
to dev-secur...@mozilla.org
Hi Everyone,

In light of the recent exchanges regarding the Entrust report, I would like to propose a 24-hour pause in our discussions. This would give us an opportunity to reflect on the questions asked and the information shared thus far.  It will also help to ensure that comments or responses in our ongoing discussions are well-considered and constructive.

Would everyone be agreeable to taking this 24-hour break to help us regroup and approach the issues with a clear perspective?
Unless I hear otherwise, I am proposing that we take a break until tomorrow at 22:30 UTC.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Thank you for considering this proposal.

Best regards,

Ben

Mike Shaver

Jun 25, 2024, 5:46:51 PM (7 days ago) Jun 25
to Ben Wilson, dev-secur...@mozilla.org
I don’t know that a pause will materially change the dynamic, but I’m willing to give it a shot!

Mike

Wayne

Jun 25, 2024, 6:06:43 PM (7 days ago) Jun 25
to dev-secur...@mozilla.org
I presume the lack of any further emails in that chain is an agreement from all parties for the time being.

I would propose a minor carve-out for anyone still to produce a full response to the Updated June 21 report. Although that isn't specifically time-pressing it would be best to get those out ahead of time so avoid any further delays in a cohesive response.

- Wayne

Ben Wilson

Jun 25, 2024, 6:18:06 PM (7 days ago) Jun 25
to Wayne, dev-secur...@mozilla.org
Hi Wayne,

Thank you for your question.

I was thinking that the pause would apply to all emails under the subject line "Recent Entrust Compliance Incidents." It would be beneficial for all sides to refrain from posting anything for 24 hour--again to allow everyone to reflect and ensure everything is well-considered.

As you mentioned, the matter isn't specifically time-sensitive. This pause doesn't mean taking 24 hours off, but rather it allows us to focus our efforts on reviewing the report, comments, shortcomings, etc. more clearly.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Ben