Policy 2.9: Candidate Issues to Address in MRSP v. 2.9

Ben Wilson

May 31, 2023, 11:25:36 PM5/31/23
to dev-secur...@mozilla.org

All,

There are currently 59 issues listed in GitHub related to the Mozilla Root Store Policy (MRSP), (https://github.com/mozilla/pkipolicy/issues).  Below is a list of 11 items that I have flagged to consider addressing in the next version (2.9) of the MRSP, which I'd like to finalize in the next two months. They are tagged with a "2.9" label in GitHub (https://github.com/mozilla/pkipolicy/labels/2.9).

I will appreciate your input on this list. Are there MRSP issues in GitHub that should be added, removed, or re-prioritized?

Please respond here on the dev-security-policy list (MDSP) with general comments or with pointers to the issue as it appears on GitHub.

Based on the list, I will start a separate discussion thread on MDSP for each issue.

FWIW, I also created draft language in GitHub for these v.2.9 issues (links below). Before I post the notice of each separate discussion on MDSP, if you would like to begin in-depth, substantive discussions on the resolution of these issues, you can do so on GitHub. In other words, feel free to discuss these issues on GitHub until we launch a specific discussion here on this list--which will be done with a subject line of, e.g., "Policy 2.9: MRSP Issue #123", etc.

#123 - Annual Compliance Self Assessment

https://github.com/Mozilla/pkipolicy/compare/bf36841af0686676f0435769db8c641d7d17dfb3..faf8a994105bf7dd9c3adf0799f0196199e9cf28

#232 - Add policy about old root certificates

https://github.com/Mozilla/pkipolicy/compare/bf36841af0686676f0435769db8c641d7d17dfb3..80371c97c7e21565d772a9b9a1d899021cf136c6

#239 - Audit Statement Content

https://github.com/Mozilla/pkipolicy/compare/bf36841af0686676f0435769db8c641d7d17dfb3..8968d9b6fedc1f94f4afa6a59ce609b759f497e6

#250 - Clarify MRSP 5.3.2 to expressly include revoked CA certificates

https://github.com/Mozilla/pkipolicy/compare/bf36841af0686676f0435769db8c641d7d17dfb3..0c54728889ed3a541db1316063c7a0b70d5e82e0

#252 - Add Requirements for Reporting CA Security Incidents

https://github.com/Mozilla/pkipolicy/compare/bf36841af0686676f0435769db8c641d7d17dfb3..564e38720e88e09537511a39965412655060087e

#254 - Harmonize CRL Reason Codes with CA/B Forum Revocation Reasons

https://github.com/Mozilla/pkipolicy/compare/bf36841af0686676f0435769db8c641d7d17dfb3..62b239bf39ed5c138bd65868d56530ddc8a6785c

#258 - SMIME Baseline Requirements

https://github.com/Mozilla/pkipolicy/compare/bf36841af0686676f0435769db8c641d7d17dfb3..39d169886598553afb29eae492e6c1241fc504fb

#261 - Merge 5 and 5.1 in Section 2.1

https://github.com/Mozilla/pkipolicy/compare/bf36841af0686676f0435769db8c641d7d17dfb3..08ab6176c74be1033b5714099e8fc56f56e821c8

#263 - Clarify sentence prohibiting blank sections that also contain no Subsections in CPs and CPSes

https://github.com/Mozilla/pkipolicy/compare/bf36841af0686676f0435769db8c641d7d17dfb3..bd36e6c26583e3e090c2de83e0d61dc5698407d3

#266 - Update 2.4 Incidents to reference https://www.ccadb.org/cas/incident-report

https://github.com/Mozilla/pkipolicy/compare/bf36841af0686676f0435769db8c641d7d17dfb3..004f6ca9fc8b69407f9022bde121f6b748a775d7

#267 - Update WebTrust and ETSI audit criteria to current versions and identifiers

https://github.com/Mozilla/pkipolicy/compare/bf36841af0686676f0435769db8c641d7d17dfb3..444d1cfd4d54edafaa9581e71572280a7bb483a8

Thanks,

Ben Wilson

Mozilla Root Store

Ben Wilson

Jun 20, 2023, 4:34:30 PM6/20/23
to dev-secur...@mozilla.org
All,
I plan to proceed with this list. I've already started discussion on Issue #258 - adoption of the S/MIME Baseline Requirements. I'll be posting the other issues for discussion here on dev-security-policy soon.
Thanks,
Ben