Announcing CCADB Public Group

Kathleen Wilson

Nov 7, 2022, 4:34:50 PM11/7/22
to dev-secur...@mozilla.org

The CCADB Steering Committee believes that public discussion improves security and interoperability through transparency. Collectively, members of this MDSP community provide elements of the Web PKI that enable security and privacy for users on the Internet. MDSP has long been the discussion forum for security-related policies, governance, and related topics; including discussion of Mozilla’s Root Store Policy and the NSS root certificate store. This MDSP group will continue to exist for discussion of Mozilla-specific and NSS-specific topics.

We invite you to participate in a newly-created discussion group, CCADB Public Group.

As announced at the CA/B Forum F2F 57 in October, the CCADB Steering Committee is starting the CCADB Public Group to discuss topics related to CAs and Root Store Programs who use the CCADB.

The CCADB Steering Committee will share responsibility for managing and maintaining the CCADB Public Group. Intent and usage of the group can be found at https://www.ccadb.org/cas/public-group, and discussion topics may include:

  • CCADB and ccadb.org updates
  • Root Store Program announcements
  • CCADB policy announcements
  • Incident lessons learned
  • Root CA certificate inclusion requests

All Primary POCs currently listed in the CCADB will be subscribed to the CCADB Public Group this week by the CCADB Steering Committee. New Primary POCs will also be subscribed or required to subscribe to the group. Others can join the group by emailing public+s...@ccadb.org. We encourage everyone to read the code of conduct for this new group.

We look forward to continued conversation and collaboration in both this MDSP group and the CCADB Public Group to make the web a safer place.

Thanks,

CCADB Steering Committee

Kathleen Wilson

Nov 9, 2022, 4:44:48 PM11/9/22
to dev-secur...@mozilla.org
All Primary POCs currently listed in the CCADB have been subscribed to the CCADB Public Group, and should have received the welcome message.

Others can join the group by emailing public+s...@ccadb.org.

Here's the web URL for the group:

Thanks,
Kathleen