CA Communication re: Mozilla Root Store Policy (MRSP) Version 2.8.1

Ben Wilson

Feb 3, 2023, 4:15:30 PM2/3/23
to dev-secur...@mozilla.org
All,

I just emailed CA operators that are in, or applying for inclusion in, the Mozilla root store. See https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA/Communications#February_2023_CA_Communication
The email highlights the recent changes in the Mozilla Root Store Policy and advises them of the Feb. 15th effective date. I am working to get version 2.8.1 posted to our main policy page on www.mozilla.org.  Meanwhile, here is relevant information regarding version 2.8.1 - https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA/Root_Store_Policy_Archive#2.8.1.

Thanks and sincerely yours,

Ben

Kurt Seifried

Feb 3, 2023, 11:56:17 PM2/3/23
to Ben Wilson, dev-secur...@mozilla.org

Ben Wilson

Feb 6, 2023, 2:34:31 PM2/6/23
to Kurt Seifried, dev-secur...@mozilla.org
Yes - that is correct.

Kurt Seifried

Feb 6, 2023, 3:06:25 PM2/6/23
to Ben Wilson, dev-secur...@mozilla.org
Is there a dashboard with a summary of where they are in the process/expected timelines (e.g. weeks/months/years?) so we know which to prioritize looking at?

Ben Wilson

Feb 6, 2023, 3:16:37 PM2/6/23
to Kurt Seifried, dev-secur...@mozilla.org
The "P1-P5" in Bugzilla shows the current prioritization.

The dashboard is located here - https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA/Dashboard

I'm also comparing these 40 that are recorded in Bugzilla with those that are in the CCADB (https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA/Certificate_Change_Requests) and trying to reconcile a few of them, so I will probably be updating some of this information today.

Thanks,

Ben