Notify about patches with inactive or unavailable reviewers

Suhaib Mujahid

Jul 15, 2022, 10:31:27 AM7/15/22
to dev-pl...@mozilla.org, firef...@mozilla.org, Marco Castelluccio

Hello,

Some patches could wait long for a review where the reviewer is away or not active anymore. This could happen at different stages in the review process. To mitigate this problem, we have implemented a feature for autonag to notify patch authors when their patches are waiting for review from inactive or unavailable reviewers. The bot will needinfo the patch author to suggest finding another reviewer. We hope this will help avoid having patches stalled (becoming irrelevant with time passing) by waiting for a review that has a slim chance to happen. Also, this should speed up the process by encouraging finding an available reviewer if a blocking reviewer is away (e.g., long PTO). The bot will read the availability from Phabricator’s calendar, so keeping yours up to date will be helpful.

We are planning to enable the feature on Monday, July 18th, 2022. You could peek at examples of bugs and bot comments by checking the dry-run results.

Your feedback is genuinely appreciated.

Thank you,

Suhaib, on behalf of the CI and Quality Tools team.

Tom Ritter

Jul 15, 2022, 4:38:30 PM7/15/22
to Suhaib Mujahid, dev-pl...@mozilla.org, firef...@mozilla.org, Marco Castelluccio
On Fri, Jul 15, 2022 at 10:31 AM Suhaib Mujahid <smuj...@mozilla.com> wrote:
The bot will read the availability from Phabricator’s calendar, so keeping yours up to date will be helpful.

Is there anywhere I can read more about this calendar, how to keep it up to date, and what else (if anything) it integrates with?  I know bugzilla has a feature to block needinfos, and a separate one to block 'review and feedback' requests, but I don't know if either of those populate to phabricator...

-tom

Suhaib Mujahid

Jul 15, 2022, 4:55:13 PM7/15/22
to Tom Ritter, dev-pl...@mozilla.org, firef...@mozilla.org, Marco Castelluccio
Hi Tom,

Here is the link the Phabricator calendar: https://phabricator.services.mozilla.com/calendar/. Phabricator shows a red or orange dot next to usernames if the user is currently unavailable; you can find more about it here: https://secure.phabricator.com/book/phabricator/article/calendar/.

Regards,
Suhaib