[ann] `mach --profile-command ...` can help investigate slow `mach` invocations

Nick Alexander

Jun 2, 2021, 6:27:14 PM6/2/21
to dev-platform
Hi folks,

I just landed Bug 1713173 [1], which adds `mach --profile-command COMMAND`.  If you have an unusually slow `mach` invocation, capture a (Python cProfile) profile and use the suggested tools (snakeviz) to figure out where the time is going.  A line of documentation is available [2].

I wanted to broaden awareness because this has arisen for me a few times [3] and came up independently a few days ago as well [4].

Happy profiling!  Let's make `mach` commands faster!
Nick