Intent to prototype and ship: WebAssembly extended constant expressions

Ryan Hunt

Mar 3, 2023, 10:28:57 AM3/3/23
to dev-pl...@mozilla.org
We intend to turn WebAssembly extended constant expressions on by default around March 6th.

Bug: Bug 1706124
Bug to turn on by default: Bug 1814421

Specification: https://github.com/WebAssembly/extended-const/blob/main/proposals/extended-const/Overview.md
Standards Body: WebAssembly Community Group
Platform coverage: All platforms
Preference: javascript.options.wasm_extended_const
Other browsers:
    Blink: They have an implementation behind a flag, no public signals on shipping.
    WebKit: No public signals.
web-platform-tests: None that I know of. We test this with our own JS tests, and also import WebAssembly specification tests for the feature.