Intent to prototype and ship: text-align: -webkit-{left,right,center} aliases

Emilio Cobos Álvarez

Jun 4, 2024, 8:36:40 AMJun 4
to dev-pl...@mozilla.org

We have the -moz- prefixed equivalents, and some sites only specify the -webkit- prefixed version.

These are used in the implementation of the html align attribute, so they're reasonably interoperable and not going anywhere. Given that, it's probably easier for us and for authors to support the -webkit- prefixed keywords.

I filed:

To try to sort this out in spec-land. If that progresses, we should make the -webkit- keywords the canonical ones, presumably, but I'm not doing that yet.

Pref: None (trivial-ish, extremely unlikely to cause issues)
Spec: See above
Other browsers: Shipping

Cheers,

 -- Emilio