Intent to ship: CSS @property / properties-and-values API

Emilio Cobos Álvarez

May 28, 2024, 1:06:39 PMMay 28
to dev-pl...@mozilla.org
Hi,

In bug 1864818 I plan to turn on by default the custom properties
implementation.

Analysis of the remaining WPT failures is in the patch description. The
implementation has been on in Nightly for quite a while, and recently we
fixed the last few blockers (and found another that has a patch in review).

WPT:
https://wpt.fyi/results/css/css-properties-values-api?label=experimental&label=master&aligned

Intent to prototype:
https://groups.google.com/a/mozilla.org/g/dev-platform/c/deAFkKdg9rU/m/j1Aw_PzTBQAJ

Standard: https://drafts.css-houdini.org/css-properties-values-api-1/

This has mostly been driven by Zach Hoffman, huge thanks to them for
helping so much with the implementation! Also thanks to the other
Mozilla folks that have helped like David Shin and Boris Chiou.

Let me know if there's any concern with this.

Cheers,

-- Emilio

Zach Hoffman

May 28, 2024, 3:13:47 PMMay 28
to dev-pl...@mozilla.org
Indeed, thanks Emilio, David Shin, and Boris Chiou of Mozilla, and Ziran Sun and Frédéric Wang of Igalia for all of your help implementing custom properties!

-Zach

Emilio Cobos Álvarez

May 28, 2024, 3:35:06 PMMay 28
to dev-pl...@mozilla.org
D'oh, of course I forgot someone... Indeed!

Frédéric Wang

May 29, 2024, 2:20:08 AMMay 29
to dev-pl...@mozilla.org

¡ Congratulations Zach and all for shipping this !