Bugs with old severity: Zarro Boogs found

Suhaib Mujahid

May 19, 2023, 12:27:50 PM5/19/23
to firef...@mozilla.org, dev-pl...@mozilla.org, Marco Castelluccio, glob, Dave Lawrence

Hello,

For many years, we have been operating with two severity systems: an old one based on keywords (e.g., major, critical, minor), and a new one based on numbers (e.g., S1, S2, S3). Since that was limiting the effectiveness of our processes and tooling, we started last year to gradually convert the severity of open bugs from the old system to the new one. The process included two phases, the first where we automatically map old low severities to the new ones, and the second where we reset old high severities to let them be manually redetermined.

We are glad today to announce that the transitioning period is done and now we have Zarro Boogs found in Firefox-related products with old severities.

Thank you,

Suhaib, on behalf of the CI and Quality Tools team and the Engineering Workflow team

Andrew Overholt

May 19, 2023, 1:41:47 PM5/19/23
to Suhaib Mujahid, firef...@mozilla.org, dev-pl...@mozilla.org, Marco Castelluccio, glob, Dave Lawrence
Thanks for doing this so thoughtfully and for getting us to Zarro [old severity] Boogs!