Performance Tools Newsletter (H1 2021)

Nazım Can Altınova

Jul 9, 2021, 12:04:51 PM7/9/21
to dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org, firef...@mozilla.org

TL;DR: We published the Performance Tools Newsletter to show you what’s changed in the Firefox Profiler in H1 2021. You can see it here: https://blog.mozilla.org/performance/2021/07/08/performance-tools-newsletter-h1-2021/

Hi everyone,

I’m sending this email to introduce you to the new Performance Tools Newsletter!

While talking with the people who use the Firefox Profiler frequently, the Perf-Tools team realized that new features can be sometimes too subtle to notice or easily overlooked. So, we've decided to prepare this newsletter to let you know about the new features and the improvements that we’ve made. We plan to share our newsletter on a monthly-to-quarterly (TBD) basis in the following newsletters. This way, it’s going to be shorter and easier to consume. But since we haven’t published any other newsletters previously, we wanted to cover the entire H1 in our first edition. You can find our newsletter on the Mozilla Performance blog. Hope you will like it!

We’d love to hear your feedback! You can reach out to us on the Firefox Profiler channel on Matrix (#profiler:mozilla.org). We also have the Joy of Profiling (#joy-of-profiling:mozilla.org) channel where people share their profiles and get help from the people who are more familiar with the Firefox Profiler. You are welcome to join them! In addition to that, we have the Joy of Profiling Open Sessions where some Firefox Profiler and Performance engineers gather together on Zoom to answer questions or analyze the profiles you captured. It’s usually happening every Monday, and you can follow the “Performance Office Hours” calendar to learn more about it. Next one is on Monday at 2PM UTC, which is more suitable for European folks.

Thanks for reading!

Best,

Nazım Can Altınova (:canova)