Engineering Effectiveness Newsletter (September 2021 Edition)

Andrew Halberstadt

Oct 5, 2021, 1:24:40 PM10/5/21
to dev-platform

Welcome to the September edition of the Engineering Effectiveness Newsletter! The Engineering Effectiveness org makes it easy to develop, test and release Mozilla software at scale. See below for some highlights, then read on for more detailed info!

Highlights

Contributors

  • Luni-4

  • Alex Lopez

  • masterwayz

Detailed Project Updates

Bugzilla and Bugbug

Build System and Mach Environment

CI and Treeherder

Crash Management

Lint, Static Analysis and Code Coverage

PDF.js

  • Support for XFA forms is enabled starting from Firefox 93

    • XFA is used by some governments and large organizations like banks

    • You can now apply for a fish export license in Canada without leaving Firefox!

Phabricator , moz-phab, and Lando

  • Zeid added custom warning support in Lando. New API endpoints can be used by any service (including code review bot, for example) to add landing warnings to specific revisions/diffs.

  • Zeid added the ability for users to cancel deferred jobs (i.e. jobs that were submitted but could not land because of tree closure)

Release Engineering and Management

  • Welcome to Heitor Neiva who joins Release Engineering this week!

Thanks for reading and see you next month!

Mitchell Hentges

Oct 5, 2021, 1:36:10 PM10/5/21
to dev-platform
I'd also like to welcome Alex Hochheiden, who joined the Build portion of the Engineering Workflow team this week as well 👋!

Mitchell Hentges
Engineering Workflow
Mozilla

Andrew Halberstadt

Oct 5, 2021, 1:40:32 PM10/5/21
to Mitchell Hentges, dev-platform

Haik Aftandilian

Oct 5, 2021, 2:09:10 PM10/5/21
to Andrew Halberstadt, dev-platform
On Tue, Oct 5, 2021 at 10:24 AM Andrew Halberstadt <ah...@mozilla.com> wrote:

Crash Management

To add to this, we were not previously running PHC on macOS for either of x64 and aarch64. :kris landed a patch to enable it for macOS and with :gsvelto's fixes we are now running it for x64 and aarch64 macOS.

Haik