Survey to guide the Future of (Windows) MozillaBuild

Mitchell Hentges

Nov 24, 2021, 1:03:07 PM11/24/21
to dev-pl...@mozilla.org

Good news, MozillaBuild (the Windows package containing tools needed for Firefox development) is getting some long-deserved love - the upcoming MozillaBuild 4.0 release will hopefully be a lovely Christmas present for all the win32-based souls out there :)

Anyways, this email isn't about 4.0, but rather the glorious future beyond that. To help guide the build team onwards, I have a "future of MozillaBuild" survey here that I would appreciate Windows developers filling out.

Let's make Firefox-on-Windows development a better experience 😎

--
Mitchell Hentges
Engineering Workflow

Mitchell Hentges

Dec 7, 2021, 4:35:44 PM12/7/21
to dev-pl...@mozilla.org
Hey all, thanks for the responses :)

The build team has landed on our medium-term plan for the future, which you can read here.
Additionally, in that document, I've provided some more information to help answer some of the common requests and questions that were provided in the survey responses.

Happy hacking!