Proposing two new peers in the crash reporting module

Gabriele Svelto

Jun 22, 2021, 10:16:18 AM6/22/21
to gover...@mozilla.org, Gian-Carlo Pascutto, Alexis Beingessner, Calixte Denizet, Sylvestre Ledru
Hello all,
I wanted to propose Calixte Denizet and Alexis Beingessner as new peers
of the crash reporting module, each one owning a specific sub-project.

The crash reporting module is a strange beast that straddles code that
lives in Gecko, external tools and more. Calixte and Alexis helped
rewrite in Rust some of those tools (dump_syms [1] and
minidump_stackwalk [2]) and have become the resident experts on those
topics in the process. They also made very valuable contributions
elsewhere in the component and know it well. As such I'd like to make
them peers with specific ownership of those tools.

Unless someone disagrees I'll go ahead and add them to the module in the
wiki tomorrow.

Gabriele

[1] https://github.com/mozilla/dump_syms/
[2] https://github.com/luser/rust-minidump/tree/master/minidump-stackwalk

OpenPGP_signature

Andrew McCreight

Jun 22, 2021, 10:23:24 AM6/22/21
to Gabriele Svelto, gover...@mozilla.org
On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 7:16 AM Gabriele Svelto <gsv...@mozilla.com> wrote:
 Hello all,
I wanted to propose Calixte Denizet and Alexis Beingessner as new peers
of the crash reporting module, each one owning a specific sub-project.

The crash reporting module is a strange beast that straddles code that
lives in Gecko, external tools and more. Calixte and Alexis helped
rewrite in Rust some of those tools (dump_syms [1] and
minidump_stackwalk [2]) and have become the resident experts on those
topics in the process. They also made very valuable contributions
elsewhere in the component and know it well. As such I'd like to make
them peers with specific ownership of those tools.

Unless someone disagrees I'll go ahead and add them to the module in the
wiki tomorrow.

For what it is worth, I don't believe that it is necessary to gain any sort of approval to change the list of peers of a module, or to even to announce it on the mailing list.

Andrew