Peers for the Firefox Localization module

Francesco Lodolo

Mar 16, 2022, 11:24:53 AM3/16/22
to gover...@mozilla.org
Hi,

First of all thanks for entrusting me with the responsibility of the Firefox Localization module.

This is a module covering deeply diverse aspects of the Firefox localization process, from  community management to tooling and technologies. As such, it requires a strong mix of expertise and experience.

I would like to nominate as module peers:
* Matjaž Horvat: he's the main driving force behind Pontoon, our internal Localization Management System. In his 10+ years of experience at Mozilla, he demonstrated how to effectively lead an open source project, on top of constantly being a reliable point of reference for technical localization questions.
* Eemeli Aro: Eemeli joined Mozilla about a year ago, but has already made an impact with his work on Fluent, Message Format, Pontoon, and critical pieces of our localization infrastructure like compare-locales.

Barring any objections, I'll add them to the Wiki page next week.

Thanks,
Francesco (aka flod)

Andrew McCreight

Mar 16, 2022, 11:57:12 AM3/16/22
to gover...@mozilla.org
While it is nice to publicly acknowledge new peers, as far as I'm aware there is no required formal approval process for peers, so you can just add them to the wiki right away. "Owners may add and remove peers from their modules as they wish, without reference to anyone else."  https://wiki.mozilla.org/Modules

Thanks,
Francesco (aka flod)

Francesco Lodolo

Mar 16, 2022, 12:07:21 PM3/16/22
to gover...@mozilla.org

While it is nice to publicly acknowledge new peers, as far as I'm aware there is no required formal approval process for peers, so you can just add them to the wiki right away. "Owners may add and remove peers from their modules as they wish, without reference to anyone else."  https://wiki.mozilla.org/Modules

Thanks, I believe that's correct. I went ahead and made the changes.

Francesco