Engineering Show & Tell on August 6th

Jared Wein (Mozilla)

Jul 27, 2021, 2:04:01 PM7/27/21
to firefox-dev, dev-platform, Anny Gakhokidze

In February, we hosted our first engineering show & tell to share the tips and tricks we use in our work at Mozilla. The time has come to host another! Presenters will have 5 minutes to share their productivity boosters.

Have a bash script that automates building and launching? Tips for debugging native or JS code? 3rd-party tools you pulled off the shelf? Custom-printed, die-cut WordPerfect-style keyboard overlays? Anything that saves precious minutes of your day is worth sharing.

Please sign up to present and share your tips with others. No matter how small it may seem to you, economies of scale may blow up your idea into great savings across the team.

Sign up link: https://forms.gle/7QvADKuG5wXDoBTB6

When: https://arewemeetingyet.com/Los%20Angeles/2021-08-06/08:00/Firefox%20engineering%20show%26tell%20%2F%20tech%20tools

Where: https://mozilla.zoom.us/j/99703762705

Thanks,

Jared Wein and Anny Gakhokidze

--

Jared Wein
Senior Staff Software Engineer, Firefox

Jared Wein (Mozilla)

Aug 4, 2021, 1:29:37 PM8/4/21
to firefox-dev, dev-platform, Anny Gakhokidze
Hi all, sending out a reminder that the Engineering Show & Tell is coming up this Friday at 8am PST.

We still have spots open for more presenters. See below for the signup links and Zoom address.

Thanks,
Jared

Jared Wein (Mozilla)

Aug 6, 2021, 5:35:05 PM8/6/21
to firefox-dev, dev-platform, Anny Gakhokidze
Thank you to the amazing individuals that presented at today's Show & Tell.

The recording of today's presentation can be found on Air Mozilla at
https://mozilla.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=bd0c503d-903f-4829-9c9d-ad7c011cee9b

Links from today's presentation:
  1. Mossop: Mercurial Tips n Tricks
    1. https://github.com/Mossop/dotfiles/blob/main/shared/hg/hgrc
    2. https://mikeconley.github.io/documents/How_mconley_uses_Mercurial_for_Mozilla_code
  2. mak: Gmail filtering with Google Apps Script
    1. https://script.google.com/home
    2. https://paste.mozilla.org/9zEDnAiA#L9
    3. https://developers.google.com/apps-script/reference/
  3. mhowell: Windows Tools You Might Not Know About
    1. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DyeTPIEz3SIcw7ldvSGKUVp4XP34Ue-_pV8lYmRJX6I/
  4. bryce: Debugging Remote Resources Via Proxy
    1. https://www.telerik.com/fiddler
    2. https://www.charlesproxy.com/
    3. https://mitmproxy.org/
  5. jody: CircleCI for VS Code
    1. https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=jodyh.circleci-vscode
  6. sfink: Moz workflow aids for post-landing pruning, taskcluster job replication & more
    1. https://github.com/hotsphink/sfink-tools
    2. https://hg.sr.ht/~sfink/sfink-tools
  7. mconley: Multiple mozconfigs with mozconfigwrapper
    1. https://github.com/ahal/mozconfigwrapper