Slow session restore with redirected profile

MekanicalPirate

Apr 12, 2022, 8:09:32 PM4/12/22
to enter...@mozilla.org
Hello,

I was directed here from Reddit, original post text below. Hoping to get some more exposure on this.

Hello,

We are testing protecting our user's Firefox profiles by redirecting them to a network share. We are pushing v91.7.0esr and the way we're approaching this is using a modified profiles.ini that specifies the root path of the profile folder within the share. We are aware that the entirety of AppData can be redirected via GPP, but that is overkill for what we're trying to achieve. In addition, we do not want to incur that amount of data on our file servers.

Mostly everything works well with this method, except when restoring a session. During that, it takes several minutes for tabs to reload and to be able to use the browser at all.

Is there something we can do to help with this behavior?

Mike Kaply

Apr 13, 2022, 9:26:15 AM4/13/22
to MekanicalPirate, enter...@mozilla.org
This might be worth opening a bug in bugzilla:

Mike

Michael Day

Apr 18, 2022, 9:35:46 AM4/18/22
to MekanicalPirate, enter...@mozilla.org
Firefox just keeps getting worse and worse. More problematic, more
complicated and now version 99.0 is much slower to load than 98.02 was
/ is. I wish they would just leave it alone. And since I am an ISP, I
can truthfully share customer complaints about firefox are increasing
daily. Way too many, and way too fast.