Enabling Total Cookie protection

Thane K. Sherrington

Jun 1, 2022, 10:06:22 AM6/1/22
to Mozilla.org
How can I turn on Total Cookie Protection via the policy.json?

Is the snippet below correct if I want to enable it in both normal and private browsing, but allow the user to change it?

{
  "policies": {
    "Cookies": {
      "Behavior": "reject-tracker-and-partition-foreign",
      "BehaviorPrivateBrowsing": "reject-tracker-and-partition-foreign"
    }
  }
}
Separately, is there a way to turn off the Firefox messages like "Pin to Taskbar"?  I have clients who get confused with the additional pop-up.

Thane K. Sherrington

Computer Connection, Ltd. ...taking the mystery out of computers since 1982.
Winner of the 2012 Ian Spencer - Excellence in Business Award
Thanks for making us the Reader's Choice Best Computer Store in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019!
95 College St., Antigonish,
NS B2G 1X6
902-863-3361 (phone)
902-863-2580 (fax)
th...@computerconnectionltd.com

Mike Kaply

Jun 1, 2022, 3:49:19 PM6/1/22
to Thane K. Sherrington, Mozilla.org
On Wed, Jun 1, 2022 at 10:06 AM Thane K. Sherrington <th...@computerconnectionltd.com> wrote:
How can I turn on Total Cookie Protection via the policy.json?

Is the snippet below correct if I want to enable it in both normal and private browsing, but allow the user to change it?

{
  "policies": {
    "Cookies": {
      "Behavior": "reject-tracker-and-partition-foreign",
      "BehaviorPrivateBrowsing": "reject-tracker-and-partition-foreign"
    }
  }
}
Yep, that's it.

Separately, is there a way to turn off the Firefox messages like "Pin to Taskbar"?  I have clients who get confused with the additional pop-up.

I think if you use SkipOnboarding in UserMessaging that message won't show, but I'm not sure. You could also try the OverridePostUpdatePage policy.

Can you post a screenshot and I'll do some investigation?

Mike