List of GPO-changes available?

1 view

Malte Riemer

Aug 25, 2022, 3:58:48 AM8/25/22
to enter...@mozilla.org

Hi,

is there a list or anything else available, where I can find out what changed between the group policies of ESR91 and ESR102?

Kind regards

Malte

Münster macht mit!

Der Schutz Ihrer personenbezogenen Daten ist der Stadt Münster ein wichtiges Anliegen. Die Datenschutzerklärung finden Sie unter folgendem Link: https://www.stadt-muenster.de/datenschutz.html

The Wanderer

Aug 25, 2022, 7:11:54 AM8/25/22
to enter...@mozilla.org
On 2022-08-25 at 03:58, Malte Riemer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there a list or anything else available, where I can find out
> what changed between the group policies of ESR91 and ESR102?

There's the list of policy-template releases, which notes what changed
in high-level terms:

https://github.com/mozilla/policy-templates/releases

I used that list (and links from there) to find out exactly this, just
yesterday.

If that's not enough detail, you could also use that page to identify
the version numbers of the two releases you're concerned about, then use
'git diff' to compare the tags for those two releases.

I know roughly how I'd do that on the command line in my (Linux)
environment, but not how to do it in other environments; it seems
plausible that GitHub might offer a way to do it from within the site's
UI, but if so I don't know where or how.

For a level of detail in between those, you could browse through

https://github.com/mozilla/policy-templates/commits/master

for interesting-looking commits that happened between the release dates
of the relevant GPO-template versions.

--
The Wanderer

progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw

signature.asc

Mike Kaply

Aug 25, 2022, 9:30:41 AM8/25/22
to The Wanderer, Mozilla.org
For GPO in general, I backport things to 91 from so there are very few differences except for new features in the Firefox releases between 91 and 102. I covered those in these emails:

Mike