Removing Amazon in pinned Top Sites

Maxime Accadia

Apr 15, 2021, 5:52:37 AM4/15/21
to enterprise
Hi,

Does anyone has succesfully removed Amazon from pinned Top Sites in the default new tab page ?

I tried this in policies.json :

    "Preferences": {
      "browser.newtabpage.pinned": {
        "Value" : "[{\"url\":\"https://univ-grenoble-alpes.fr\",\"label\":\"UGA\",\"searchTopSite\":false}]",
        "Status": "locked"
        },
        "browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.improvesearch.topSiteSearchShortcuts.havePinned": {
            "Value" : "",
            "Status": "locked"
        },
        "browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.default.sites": {
            "Value" : "https://univ-grenoble-alpes.fr/,https://services.univ-grenoble-alpes.fr/",
            "Status": "locked"
        }
      },

but Amazon always find its way into browser.newtabpage.pinned even if the preference is locked. The user can manually remove it if it's not locked.

If I can't remove Amazon from pinned Top Sites, I can disable Top Sites alltogether, but it's a nice feature.

Regards,

P.S. Firefox 78.9 on Windows 10

--

Maxime ACCADIA - Université Grenoble Alpes

Mike Kaply

Apr 15, 2021, 10:15:37 AM4/15/21
to Maxime Accadia, enterprise
If you flip the preference

browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.improvesearch.topSiteSearchShortcuts

to false

You won't see any search shortcuts on the new tab page.

Mike