Re: MLCommons Launched!

David Kanter

Dec 3, 2020, 6:47:51 PM12/3/20
to members, mlp...@googlegroups.com, public
BTW, in case some of you missed it...our homepage has been translated into Chinese, French, and Japanese. Korean is coming soon too.

There is a switch on the bottom of the page.

So now you can share easily with colleagues around the world!

David

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 10:23 AM MLCommons Admin <ad...@mlcommons.org> wrote:

Hi folks,

Today, we officially launch MLCommons!

We began this journey three years ago with the inception of MLPerf. Together, we built the industry standard for machine learning benchmarking. With MLCommons, we are creating a durable home for MLPerf and taking the first step toward a larger vision that includes the public datasets that fuel ML and the best practices that make ML accessible to more people. Together, we can accelerate ML research, grow markets for ML products and services, and ultimately benefit everyone through advances in areas such as healthcare, automotive safety, and global communication.

You can learn more about MLCommons at:

We couldn’t have reached this point without the combined efforts of many people including:

  • All our member companies who made this possible

  • All the technical contributors whose great ideas, effort, and code brings the benchmarks, datasets, and best practices to life

  • All the working group chairs who provide vision, leadership, and encouragement

  • All the advisors and sponsors who help us shape the organization and benchmarks

  • Special thanks to

    • The folks who helped us make MLCommons multilingual

      • Lingjie Xu - Chinese translation

      • Jungwook Hong - Korean translation

      • Atsushi Ike, John McGehee - Japanese translation

      • Loic Hamon - French translation

    • Extraordinary help from graphics to videos to Github

      • Victor Bittorf - MLCube video, People’s Speech graphics

      • Cody Coleman - MLCube video

      • Subin Modeel & Guenther Schmuelling - GitHub help

    • Our partners who made the launch successful

      • Max Ackerman and Calvin Waterman - excellent branding and beautiful website

      • Strangebrew - PR leadership

      • Andy Updegrove - Wise legal counsel

      • Yvonne Tingleaf - Trademark guidance

      • Ruth McGinnis - Help with groups and many other details

Thank you everyone for making this possible. We are excited for what comes next!

The MLCommons Leadership Team

Christine Cheng

Ross Cunniff

Carole Jean-Wu