Discord server knowledge?

David Kanter

Jul 6, 2021, 11:30:27 AM7/6/21
to public
Hi Folks,

We are looking into setting up a discord server for MLCommons.

Is there anyone in the community with experience running/configuring a discord server?

Thanks!

David Kanter
Executive Director

David Kanter

Jul 6, 2021, 12:25:22 PM7/6/21
to Relja Markovic, public
I'm going to start an offline thread later today on this!

David

On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 9:22 AM Relja Markovic <re...@float128.com> wrote:
In a pinch, I can try to help, but my experience has been setting up a free 5 person server, so not sure how useful that is.

Does anyone else have more Discord experience?

Chip

Jul 6, 2021, 6:41:46 PM7/6/21
to David Kanter, public
I run a Discord server (https://discord.gg/C66cD7dG). It's nice because it's free (Slack charges per seat so it's way too expensive), but Discord doesn't have threading like Slack which makes it hard to follow a discussion threat, so it's important to have a channel for each major topic. You can group channels into bigger topics too. I find a lot of people on Discord nowadays. It took a while to get used too but I like it now.

Chip Huyen
Machine Learning | Open-source | Storytelling

Relja Markovic

Jul 6, 2021, 6:41:46 PM7/6/21
to David Kanter, public

Rahul Shirale