Congratulations!!! MLPerf Inference v1.0 results are live

David Kanter

Apr 21, 2021, 1:08:59 PM4/21/21
to public, membe...@mlcommons.org, inference
Hi Everyone,

Our latest inference results went live this morning - you can find the results here: https://www.mlcommons.org/en/inference-datacenter-10/ and here:https://www.mlcommons.org/en/inference-edge-10/

This round we hit over 2,000 submissions and 1,994 published from 14 different organizations. We had over 850 results with power measurement, using our brand new power methodology. And this round was undeniably smoother than the last one - despite the scheduling problems and freak winter storms!

We had our first joint press briefing, and so far the feedback has been positive and I look forward to seeing many articles this week.

A big thanks to all of our submitting teams for your hard work and congratulations on your results!

I want to emphasize a number of folks for their outsize contributions:

Arun Tejusve Raghunath Rajan & Sachin Idgunji who have worked for a tremendously long time on MLPerf Power!

To our colleagues at SPEC who licensed PTDaemon and gave us sage advice.

Guenther and Po-Han who always do tons of work behind the scenes to make MLPerf inference work, from logging to submission checking and knowing all the rules.

Tom Jablin who stepped up to lead the results process and helped get everything out the door, including last minute repo adjustments.

Peter Mattson our vastly overqualified webmaster who had to fix many things by hand (hopefully for the last time in an inference round!).

Lastly - Christine Cheng, who lead MLPerf 1.0 and diligently kept us organized, on-time, with detailed minutes and a fair and even handed set of procedures and got us all to the finish line.

I want to say an especially big thanks to Christine as she is stepping down as Inference Chair. She has been with us from the start and gets to take a well-deserved break (i.e., she only needs to worry about submitting results :P). But we look forward to seeing her around.

I'll see you all at the community meeting tomorrow!

David Kanter
Executive Director