New Catalog publish request

no-r...@layer5.io

May 7, 2024, 5:30:47 AMMay 7
to maint...@meshery.io, cncf-meshery...@lists.cncf.io, deepakr...@gmail.com
Meshery logo

New publish request received from Deepak Reddy for catalog content of type design named Hello WASM. Head over to Meshery Cloud to approve or deny user's request. User will be notified if their request is approved or denied.

Type

resiliency

Technology

  • dapr

Description

This is an example of how to serve HTTP responses directly from the dapr sidecar using WebAssembly. This example uses WebAssembly, which at runtime is embedded into the sidecar process. In other words, it does not require a separate app to use. To add custom middleware, you need a wasm binary (file with a `.wasm` extension), compatible with [http-wasm](https://http-wasm.io/) middleware. You can re-use an existing wasm binary, or compile your own. For example, [wasm/main.go](wasm/main.go) compiles to [`wasm/main.wasm`](wasm/main.wasm), and includes the critical code below. As this is a simple example, we can use `dapr` directly, without Docker or Kubernetes. If you wish to modify the sample WebAssembly, you will also need to install `tinygo` to compile it.

Caveats and Consideration

As this is a simple example, we can use `dapr` directly, without Docker or Kubernetes. If you wish to modify the sample WebAssembly, you will also need to install `tinygo` to compile it.

Hello WASM

Need any help? Simply visit the forumemail, or slack us.

Layer5
discussion forum

Copyright 2023, Layer5, Inc. All right reserved.

no-r...@layer5.io

May 7, 2024, 5:49:26 AMMay 7
to maint...@meshery.io, cncf-meshery...@lists.cncf.io, deepakr...@gmail.com
Meshery logo

New publish request received from Deepak Reddy for catalog content of type design named Dapr OAuth Authorization to External Service. Head over to Meshery Cloud to approve or deny user's request. User will be notified if their request is approved or denied.

Type

security

Technology

  • dapr

Description

This design walks you through the steps of setting up the OAuth middleware to enable a service to interact with external services requiring authentication. This design seperates the authentication/authorization concerns from the application. checkout this https://github.com/dapr/samples/tree/master/middleware-oauth-microsoftazure for more inoformation and try out in your own environment.

Caveats and Consideration

Certainly! Here's how you would replace the placeholders with actual values and apply the configuration to your Kubernetes cluster: 1. Replace `"YOUR_APPLICATION_ID"`, `"YOUR_CLIENT_SECRET"`, and `"YOUR_TENANT_ID"` with your actual values in the `msgraphsp` component metadata: ```yaml metadata: # OAuth2 ClientID, for Microsoft Identity Platform it is the AAD Application ID - name: clientId value: "your_actual_application_id" # OAuth2 Client Secret - name: clientSecret value: "your_actual_client_secret" # Application Scope for Microsoft Graph API (vs. User Scope) - name: scopes value: "https://graph.microsoft.com/.default" # Token URL for Microsoft Identity Platform, TenantID is the Tenant (also sometimes called Directory) ID of the AAD - name: tokenURL value: "https://login.microsoftonline.com/your_actual_tenant_id/oauth2/v2.0/token" ``` 2. Apply the modified YAML configuration to your Kubernetes cluster using `kubectl apply -f your_file.yaml`. Ensure you've replaced `"your_actual_application_id"`, `"your_actual_client_secret"`, and `"your_actual_tenant_id"` with the appropriate values corresponding to your Microsoft Graph application and Azure Active Directory configuration before applying the configuration to your cluster.

Dapr OAuth Authorization to External Service

no-r...@layer5.io

May 7, 2024, 6:12:22 AMMay 7
to maint...@meshery.io, cncf-meshery...@lists.cncf.io, deepakr...@gmail.com
Meshery logo

New publish request received from Deepak Reddy for catalog content of type design named Dapr with Kubernetes events. Head over to Meshery Cloud to approve or deny user's request. User will be notified if their request is approved or denied.

Type

observability

Technology

  • dapr

Description

This design will show an example of running Dapr with a Kubernetes events input binding. You'll be deploying the Node application and will require a component definition with a Kubernetes event binding component. checkout this https://github.com/dapr/samples/tree/master/read-kubernetes-events#read-kubernetes-events for more info .

Caveats and Consideration

make sure to replace some things like docker images ,credentials to try out on your local cluster .

Dapr with Kubernetes events

Lee Calcote

May 7, 2024, 8:16:31 AMMay 7
to Deepak Reddy, sal...@diagrid.io, Meshery Maintainers, cncf-meshery...@lists.cncf.io
Thank you for creating this Dapr design with sample “Hello WASM” app, Deepak.

I wonder what we can do about the incomplete mTLS configuration. A certificate isn’t needed, only settings, so I’m hopeful that we might predefined those settings as we look to publish this design into the Meshery Catalog.

Mauricio might have some thoughts on the subject.

- Lee