Unable to run queries with Google Cloud SDK

Dhruthick Mohan

May 17, 2024, 8:10:06 AMMay 17
to discuss
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to run a script that access measurements-lab project on BigQuery and runs queries. However, I keep getting the following error, that says I don't have the required permission to use the measurement-lab project.

googleapi: Error 403: Caller does not have required permission to use project measurement-lab. Grant the caller the roles/serviceusage.serviceUsageConsumer role, or a custom role with the serviceusage.services.use permission, by visiting https://console.developers.google.com/iam-admin/iam/project?project=measurement-lab and then retry. Propagation of the new permission may take a few minutes.

Details:

[

  {

    "@type": "type.googleapis.com/google.rpc.Help",

    "links": [

      {

        "description": "Google developer console IAM admin",

        "url": "https://console.developers.google.com/iam-admin/iam/project?project=measurement-lab"

      }

    ]

  },

  {

    "@type": "type.googleapis.com/google.rpc.ErrorInfo",

    "domain": "googleapis.com",

    "metadata": {

      "consumer": "projects/measurement-lab",

      "service": "bigquery.googleapis.com"

    },

    "reason": "USER_PROJECT_DENIED"

  }

]

, forbidden

exit status 1

I've made sure I am trying to access the project through the same account as the one that is subscribed to this group. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on how I can resolve this issue?

Best,

Dhruthick

Lai Yi Ohlsen

May 17, 2024, 8:12:30 AMMay 17
to Dhruthick Mohan, discuss
Hi Dhruthick,

To query the data programmatically you can create a service account: https://cloud.google.com/iam/docs/service-accounts-create

Once you create the account, reach out to sup...@measurementlab.net and we can approve permissions for the account.

Best,

Lai Yi Ohlsen

Nathan Kinkade

May 30, 2024, 12:33:11 PMMay 30
to Lai Yi Ohlsen, Dhruthick Mohan, discuss
Hi Dhruthick,

You should be able to use the Google Cloud SDK BigQuery client to access the M-Lab data using your Google account email address dgm...@ucsd.edu. I verified that it is indeed subscribed to the discuss@ group. Have you already done all the steps outlined here?

If so, and something is still not working, can you let me know exactly how you are trying to access the data?

Best,

Nathan