5G Speed Test

已查看 97 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Ma Uttaram

未读,
2020年4月22日 11:43:292020/4/22
收件人 discuss
I plan to use ndt client  web100clt on my device to run speed test using the m-lab hosted ndt servers. However would like to check if m-lab speed test will work to report 5G speed tests.

Chris Ritzo

未读,
2020年4月22日 11:57:232020/4/22
收件人 discuss
Hello,

M-Lab does not recommend using the web100clt client. Please use one of our other reference clients referenced in my previous reply.

As to the question of whether NDT will work to report 5G speeds, NDT will measure the bulk transport capacity of any network to which the client is connected.

Ma Uttaram

未读,
2020年4月23日 08:13:412020/4/23
收件人 discuss
Is there way we could  limit or explicitly specify the data limits when running the test?

Could you provide references as developer who plans to write a client , how that could be achieved?

Chris Ritzo

未读,
2020年4月23日 08:52:282020/4/23
收件人 discuss
Depending on the client code used, some have the option to throttle or limit the data exchanged during the test. Our engineering team does this as a part of their monitoring of our platform. Perhaps one of them on this list will have more to share.

I have confirmed, but not used this feature in the client ndt5-client-go. Here is the help output of that client as an example. -throttle is the relevant flag:

bash-5.0# ndt5-client --help
Usage of ndt5-client:
  -format value
        Output format: "human" or "json" (default human)
  -hostname string
        Measurement server hostname
  -protocol value
        Protocol to use: "ndt5" or "ndt5+wss" (default ndt5)
  -quiet
        emit summary and errors only
  -throttle
        Throttle connections for testing
  -timeout duration
        time after which the test is aborted (default 55s)
  -verbose
        Log ndt5 messages

If you are considering a mobile client, you should also review the community developed client code in these repos:
These clients are supported by their developers, so questions about their use should be logged as issues or comments in the respective repos.

Avneesh Jain

未读,
2020年6月11日 08:35:112020/6/11
收件人 discuss
I dont see --throttle option in ndt7-client-go, was this option removed for a reason in ndt7 client? Is there a way to thrttle the test in ndt7 client?

Thanks
Avneesh

Chris Ritzo

未读,
2020年6月12日 11:39:522020/6/12
收件人 discuss
Hi Avneesh,
The --throttle option is not available in ndt7-client-go. If you'd like to have that option, please feel free to file an issue request in the repo.

Thanks, Chris
回复全部
回复作者
转发