Interest in Transport property calculation project

Aayush Bendre

Mar 7, 2023, 11:29:46 AM3/7/23
to MDAnalysis Google Summer of Code
Hello,

My name is Aayush Bendre. I am a first year Masters student in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at the University of Pennsylvania. I wish to express my interest in working on the transport property calculation project.

I am currently working on molecular simulations and I have used MDAnalysis tool on multiple occasions. It is a wonderful tool and I would love to be a part of the development process as a GSOC contributor. I believe, my Master's courses like Transport Phenomena and Multiscale Modelling can help me contribute to this project.

I would like to connect and know more about the project. Please let me know what are the next steps.

Thanks and warm regards,
Aayush Bendre.

Estefania Ojeda

Mar 7, 2023, 1:22:00 PM3/7/23
to MDAnalysis Google Summer of Code, ambe...@seas.upenn.edu
Welcome to MDAnalysis, Aayush!

Thanks for expressing your interest in our project, next step would be to contribute to MDAnalysis!

As per the MDA GSoC FAQ https://github.com/MDAnalysis/mdanalysis/wiki/GSoC-FAQ,  candidates must have code merged to be eligible to apply for GSoC with MDAnalysis (see https://github.com/MDAnalysis/mdanalysis/wiki/GSoC-FAQ#what-should-i-do-for-a-successful-proposal)

For more information check our MDA GSoc FAQ https://github.com/MDAnalysis/mdanalysis/wiki/GSoC-FAQ#how-do-i-find-out-how-to-contribute-code and the contributing section of the User Guide https://userguide.mdanalysis.org/stable/contributing.html
We have detailed explanations on how to set up a developer environment https://userguide.mdanalysis.org/stable/contributing_code.html and how to contribute to the MDAnalysis code base.

We are looking forward to your contributions!

Best,
Estefania