Contribution to project 4

Krishna vamsi Vipparthi

Mar 7, 2023, 11:29:46 AM3/7/23
to MDAnalysis Google Summer of Code
I am Krishna Vamsi, a pre-final year student at NITW. I possess intermediate python skills and am passionate about physics. I want to contribute to project 4: "Transport property Calculations". I have installed MDAnalysis on my device. Can someone guide me on where to go from here?

Estefania Ojeda

Mar 7, 2023, 1:27:36 PM3/7/23
to MDAnalysis Google Summer of Code, krishnav...@gmail.com
Hello Krishna!

Welcome to MDAnalysis!

I’d recommend to do the Quickstart Guide https://userguide.mdanalysis.org/stable/examples/quickstart.html first.
One you are familiar with MDAnalysis, next step would be to contribute by fixing some issues in our issue tracker https://github.com/MDAnalysis/mdanalysis/issues.

As per the MDA GSoC FAQ https://github.com/MDAnalysis/mdanalysis/wiki/GSoC-FAQ,  candidates must have code merged to be eligible to apply for GSoC with MDAnalysis (see https://github.com/MDAnalysis/mdanalysis/wiki/GSoC-FAQ#what-should-i-do-for-a-successful-proposal)

For more information check our MDA GSoc FAQ https://github.com/MDAnalysis/mdanalysis/wiki/GSoC-FAQ#how-do-i-find-out-how-to-contribute-code and the contributing section of the User Guide https://userguide.mdanalysis.org/stable/contributing.html
We have detailed explanations on how to set up a developer environment https://userguide.mdanalysis.org/stable/contributing_code.html and how to contribute to the MDAnalysis code base. This is a great starting point to start contributing to MDAnalysis and trying to solve some of the open issues.

Our blog post https://www.mdanalysis.org/2023/02/22/gsoc2023/ is the starting point for all GSoC 2023 things and we have a FAQ https://github.com/MDAnalysis/mdanalysis/wiki/GSoC-FAQ.

Best,
Estefania