Moderator Needed

Thomas O. Haakenson

Feb 18, 2011, 2:41:01 PM2/18/11
to German Studies Association Visual Culture Network
Dear Visual Culture Network Colleagues,

We're almost there!

We have had to make a small adjustment to our seven (!) proposed panels from the VCN for this fall's German Studies Association conference. To these ends, we ask your assistance in finding a moderator for the following panel.

Best wishes,
Tom (& Deb)

TITLE: Representations of German Identity in Visual Culture (4): German Identity and the Warrior (Session Sponsored by the GSA Visual Culture Network)

PAPERS:

+Fantasies from the Armory: Germany as Warrior in Art since the Romantics

+German Art and the Spirit of 1914: Identity, Modernism and the Problem of War Art

+Where the Iron Crosses Grow: Cinematic Portrayals of the German Soldier on the Eastern Front

+Visualizing Germany and the Germans in American Mainstream Comics since World War II

--
Thomas O. Haakenson, PhD
Chair and Associate Professor

Liberal Arts Department