Announcement: Mathesar not participating in GSoC 2024

Kriti Godey

Dec 19, 2023, 3:27:15 PM12/19/23
to Mathesar Developers
Hey everyone,

The Mathesar maintainer team met earlier this week and concluded that we will not be participating in Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2024. We will be working on some significant changes to the backend and UI in the next few months that require our full attention (as we prepare for our beta release). We simply do not have the maintainer capacity to mentor the number of new contributors we usually attract during the GSoC application phase. We hope to resume participation in GSoC in 2025.

Although we are not participating in GSoC, we always welcome new contributors – please check out our contributor guide if you'd like to get involved.

Kriti