Purple

Sean Colsen

May 21, 2024, 4:38:08 PMMay 21
to Mathesar Developers

Team,

Pavish and I had a chat after our team meeting where I pitched him on a permissions design that I’m now calling “Purple” (to stick with our colors theme).

I think we might be discussing Purple at tomorrow’s meeting. So this email is to give everyone a heads up about it in case you would like to read/watch ahead of time.

If I have some more time this evening I might try to write more about this on the email thread, offering a comparison of Purple vs Green. But two screaming kids just arrived in my office so I need to scoot!

Ghislaine Guerin

May 22, 2024, 7:33:20 AMMay 22
to Sean Colsen, Mathesar Developers
Thanks Sean.

It was easier for me to think through your proposal with wireframes. I have added a purple option here: https://www.figma.com/design/xHb5oIqye3fnXtb2heRH34/Styling?node-id=8968%3A49277&t=ifE7s3rTMN0MdpwX-1

I think the UX needs to be refined so that the concepts make sense to users of all levels. I don't have any major concerns. This approach still makes ownership explicit enough while incorporating some of the flexibility of the "blue" option (automatic role generation for shared ownership).