STAND-UP

Varsha

Oct 19, 2023, 10:20:10 AM10/19/23
to Mathesar Developers
Hi team,

Here's the plan for this week:

1. The `DisplayOptions` isn't documented in the openAPI spec for the columns endpoint. I'll be working on getting this fixed.
2. I'll also be making the corrections that Mukesh pointed out in PR #3062.
3. Additionally, I'll be focusing on generating the openAPI spec for the links endpoint. Once that's done, I'll move on to queries. With that, we'll have all the database-related endpoints covered, and we can move on to the UI endpoints.

Thanks!

Kriti Godey

Oct 19, 2023, 10:49:35 AM10/19/23
to Varsha, Mathesar Developers
Thanks for the update, Varsha.

Varsha

Oct 25, 2023, 2:47:17 AM10/25/23
to Mathesar Developers
Hi team,

Here's an update on my progress last week:

  • I've generated the openAPI specification for the links and queries endpoint.
  • Reviewed the spec generated against the test cases.
  • As pointed by Mukesh in PR 3090, I worked on multipart/form-data parser support, for the /datafiles/ API in specific.
Plan for the week:
  • Generate spec for UI endpoints, namely databases and users.
  • Resolve Conflict in Operation IDs for database endpoint.

  • Write a project update report to the team regarding the API Documentation.

Kriti Godey

Oct 25, 2023, 12:09:49 PM10/25/23
to Varsha, Mathesar Developers
Thank you Varsha.

Could you provide an update on how close you are to the end of the project?

Varsha

Oct 27, 2023, 2:59:14 PM10/27/23
to Kriti Godey, Mathesar Developers
Sure, Kriti
Here's a project update.

Current Status:

  • Integrated DRF Spectacular with Mathesar's backend codebase (#2938).
  • Added the command to generate the API documentation schema file to the documentation.
  • Removed token-based authentication to ensure it doesn't disrupt current functionality.
  • Improved OperationIDs for Endpoints to enhance SDK generation (#3000).
  • Rectified Incomplete Error Responses in DRF Spectacular Documentation for /datafiles/ Endpoint (#3001).
  • Fixed the error response for /databases/ endpoint (#3068).
  • Eliminated redundant Request body content types, setting JSONParser as the default parser for incoming requests and reserving multipart/form-data solely for the /datafiles/ endpoint (#3089).
  • Updated Constraints for Positive Integers in oid and column_order (#3176).
  • Generated OpenAPI Specification for various endpoints and validated specifications against test cases:
    • queries
    • links
    • db-related databases
    • schemas
    • tables
    • datafiles
    • UI-related databases
    • Users
    • database_roles
    • schema_roles

      Additional Discussions:
  • Proposed integrating a TypeScript client library into our front-end codebase.
  • Discussed concerns regarding OperationId clashes between db and ui namespaces.

Next Steps:

  • Implement a Swagger view to provide a user-friendly interface for interacting with the API documentation. (Estimated Time: Tomorrow)
  • Implement GitHub Actions for Automated Documentation Generation and add documentation for Accessing API Documentation. (Estimated Time: Within 3-4 days)

Overall Project Completion Estimate: Less than a week.

Kriti Godey

Oct 27, 2023, 4:49:54 PM10/27/23
to Varsha, Mathesar Developers
Thank you Varsha, this is very helpful.

Varsha

Nov 5, 2023, 2:06:32 PM11/5/23
to Kriti Godey, Mathesar Developers

Hi team,

I just wanted to inform you that the API documentation project is complete. I have submitted all of the pull requests, and they are currently under review.

Once the reviews are complete, I will add documentation to where the API documentation can be accessed.

Thank you,

Varsha

Kriti Godey

Nov 9, 2023, 5:40:17 PM11/9/23
to Varsha, Mathesar Developers
Hi Varsha,

Thank you for the update and for all your work on this! :)

Kriti

Varsha

Nov 10, 2023, 9:42:04 AM11/10/23
to Kriti Godey, Mathesar Developers