Project approval discussion: 2023-07 frontend fixes

Kriti Godey

Jul 13, 2023, 1:07:25 PM7/13/23
to Mathesar Developers

Hey everyone,

Please review the project 2023-07 frontend fixes and respond here if you have any concerns or questions.

General things to think about:

  • Do the project’s goals, solutions, and timelines make sense?
  • Does the team make sense, does anyone else need to be involved?

If no concerns are raised by end of day Monday (Jul 17), we’ll consider the project approved.

Kriti

Kriti Godey

Jul 13, 2023, 1:24:06 PM7/13/23
to Mathesar Developers

I don’t have any concerns about this project. Some quick notes:

  • I added the two related mailing list threads under “Resources”.
  • Sean, it would be great if you could put the context mentioned in the original email thread in the project page (maybe under “Problem”) so everything’s in one place. By context, I mean this:

Basically, I’m focusing on the cell selection functionality. I’m starting by addressing some long-due refactoring of the cell selection code. The front end team recently discussed the need for this refactor because it has been a particularly buggy area of the front end codebase. Improving it will lay groundwork for fixing other bugs related to the cell selection logic and implementing new features.

Sean Colsen

Jul 13, 2023, 9:32:42 PM7/13/23
to Kriti Godey, Mathesar Developers

Kriti,

added the two related mailing list threads under “Resources”

Thanks!

put the context mentioned in the original email thread in the project page

done

Kriti Godey

Jul 15, 2023, 5:37:40 PM7/15/23
to Sean Colsen, Mathesar Developers
Thanks!

Kriti Godey

Jul 18, 2023, 1:48:11 PM7/18/23
to Sean Colsen, Mathesar Developers
I've marked the project as approved since no concerns were brought up by the deadline.