2022 GSoC Project Work Summary - Jinxiao Li

Jinxiao Li

Sep 9, 2022, 11:39:02 AM9/9/22
to Brent Moran, Pavish Kumar Ramani Gopal, mathesar-...@mathesar.org
Hey all,

I am Jinxiao Li, a lucky Mathesar contributor at Google Summer of Code 2022. During this three-month coding period, I am delighted to work with @Brent Moran and @Pavish Kumar Ramani Gopal to implement Mathesar database functions for JSON data types. I am very grateful for the support of every team member and the enjoyable time I spent on this project.

The works are listed below at the Github links and you can also have a look at the project description here. We implemented two main custom types for this goal: Mathesar JSON array and Mathesar JSON object. Most of the functions are settled down while a few are in progress but can be completed very soon. Feel free to leave comments and suggestions.

JSON type reading and casting implementation
JSON type sorting implementation
JSON type filtering implementation
Other issue fixes

Jinxiao Li

Kriti Godey

Sep 9, 2022, 5:44:55 PM9/9/22
to Jinxiao Li, Brent Moran, Pavish Kumar Ramani Gopal, mathesar-...@mathesar.org
Thanks for sharing, Jinxiao!

Thank you also for all your hard work on this project, it is really great to have JSON support in the product.

Kriti Godey

Oct 5, 2022, 12:43:19 PM10/5/22
to Mathesar Developers, Kriti Godey, br...@centerofci.org, pav...@centerofci.org, mathesar-...@mathesar.org, jinx...@andrew.cmu.edu
I put this project report on our wiki here: https://wiki.mathesar.org/en/engineering/reports/gsoc-2022-json-type