[Sausalito Bike & Ped Advocates] Ferry Landside update: City Council deciding on bid process tomorrow May 21

Kieran Culligan

May 20, 2024, 4:39:40 PMMay 20
to Kieran Culligan
Hi all,

Yesterday I had the pleasure of going to the Giants game yesterday with my daughter. We traveled by bicycle there (the stadium has a great, free bike valet setup!) and took the ferry back. What a special place we live in to be able to do that!

It will be an even better experience once our Ferry Landside area is improved. And that's the topic of today's update.

Tomorrow, Tuesday May 21, City Council will be weighing in on the bid process to improve the Ferry Landside area (staff report). As usual, we expect comments trying to stop these common sense safety and circulation improvements. One attempted way to disrupt the plan is by chopping the project up into multiple pieces and then choosing to proceed with only some pieces, even though City Council already voted in support of the whole plan AND we have 2 professional cost estimates showing that this can be funded entirely by the existing federal grant. Please consider attending the meeting (7p at City Hall, agenda with zoom link) or emailing into cityc...@sausalito.gov, covering all or some of the following points as you see fit:
  • I support the Ferry Landside project in its entirety, including the improvements to Tracy Way.
  • Please move swiftly to get construction started this Fall. We don't need to add complexity via the bidding process; we need to get this project going!
  • This is the type of infrastructure improvement our City needs to increase safety, reduce liability, and improve the experience for residents and visitors alike.
  • Thank you to City Staff for your work on this project!

tracy-intersection.gif

Best,

Kieran

Kieran Culligan