Petition for a Greater Alexander Ave

Warren Wells

May 9, 2023, 6:36:52 PM5/9/23
Hi there,

This is Warren from the Marin County Bicycle Coalition. I am writing to ask for your support in petitioning the Golden Gate Bridge District to fund a safety study of Alexander Avenue in their upcoming budget.

As you may already know, Alexander Avenue is the single most dangerous mile of road for people riding in Marin County, with a bicyclist being injured there every 6 weeks for the past 10 years. It is also the most heavily used connection from the bridge into Marin for people walking and biking, seeing thousands of trips daily.

This article on our blog provides further information on the current status of Alexander Ave and how we hope to improve it.

Linked here is our petition, which we encourage you to fill out (it takes 30 seconds) and share with your network to build support for this request.

Additionally, if you represent an organization/business that would like to sign on to our accompanying letter to the Bridge District, please respond to let me know. Thank you for your help!

--
Warren J. Wells, AICP
Policy and Planning Director

We're creating a healthy, connected, and sustainable Marin by promoting bicycling for everyday transportation and recreation. Love to ride? Join us today.