Planer out of action

BrainFizz Routing & Making

Sep 30, 2023, 3:21:50 PM9/30/23
to Woodshop Club
The planer is out of action…..I drove in this even to use it after yesterday’s training. Trouble ticket has been submitted,
Below is what i put in the ticket:

Setting up as normal. (I had to move the machine on the wheels as it had been pulled forward for a member to access that side of the bench safely whilst cutting with the track saw)
Setting up the machine as per training yesterday, when it was working, although there was an initial "Screeching", like a car fan belt initially on each start up, but this may be normal? I checked the cutter head, and it is freely rotating. I switched it to thicknesser mode, and disengaged and re-engaged the thicknesser feed rollers but to no avail. . I've looked through the grill at the back to see if I could see any frayed/loose or broken drive belts, and it all looked fine, but without removing the grate it hard to see much. I suspect that either a drive belt has snapped or slipped. or the tensioning of the motor to the main drive wheel has loosened. I'm happy to troubleshoot this but not without informing other maintainers/owners and management. It may be a case of calling Felder and either having a tech come out, or just talking it through with them on the phone.. the machine was working fine yesterday at 1500. not sure if its been used since then?

Jonathan Woolf

Oct 1, 2023, 2:21:44 AM10/1/23
to BrainFizz Routing & Making, Woodshop Club
Thanks Richard

Did not see it used on Saturday morning/afternoon but there were times where I was out of the space.

If David can meet you at Makespace to trouble shoot, great. If not please go ahead and let me know if you need anything.

It’s perfectly timed for something to go wrong with it as it was delivered almost exactly year ago.

Jonathan.