Book for learning Carpentry

Anna Yeates

Feb 21, 2023, 5:42:20 PM2/21/23
to Woodshop Club
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good book for learning carpentry as a beginner to intermediate?

The kind of book that will help you understand how to make, say, a shed that will last for 20 years rather than one that begins to fall down after 2 years.

Cheers,
Anna

Bruno Santos

Feb 22, 2023, 4:16:06 AM2/22/23
to Anna Yeates, Woodshop Club
Hi Anna,

I am afraid I don't have a particular recommendation for carpentry, if you want cabinet making then I can recommend you several. However, I would look into timber framing books as they are more appropriate for building construction. I find the https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/ a pretty good forum for all things woodworking and a search for timber framing books in there would be my first step.

Bruno

--
woodsh...@makespace.org
http://woodshop-club.makespace.org