Solidworks edu license

Leonie Gartner

Jan 28, 2022, 6:11:54 PM1/28/22
to CAD Club
Hello,

with the new Maker edition of SW and Makespace continuing to offer the edu license of Solidworks I'm wondering to renew the edu license I currently have, as it just told me, I have only 26 days left.
I'm asking because I have quite a few builds in that format and once I transfer those to the maker edition they would be locked in forever. Since those are builds are quite complicated I wouldn't be able to give them to machine shops anymore, which would be a huge disadvantage.
Can someone please clarify, if we can request renewals or do we have to switch to the maker edition?

Leonie

Footleg

Jan 30, 2022, 6:43:01 PM1/30/22
to Leonie Gartner, CAD Club
Hi Leonie,

We have a renewed Student edition license. I will email you the details on the email address you originally provided when I sent you the first student license. It will be valid for 12 months from the date you activate it, so you might want to wait until your current student license expires before upgrading.

Footleg

--
cad-...@makespace.org
http://cad-club.makespace.org

Melanie Thielker

Jan 31, 2022, 9:17:49 AM1/31/22
to CAD Club, drfo...@gmail.com, CAD Club, Leonie Gartner
Hi,

I could also use one. My commercial one has expired, it was only a 1 year one, and I can't afford a new one for the moment.

Melanie

Footleg

Jan 31, 2022, 3:36:05 PM1/31/22
to Melanie Thielker, CAD Club
Hi Melanie,

Just fill in the form and it will get processed.

Footleg

Jack K

Feb 6, 2022, 8:03:46 AM2/6/22
to CAD Club, drfo...@gmail.com, CAD Club, mel...@t-data.com
My personal license has expired too so I have put a request in also :)