Title and blurb for March 8 - "Community Biology around the World"

Bárbara Nogueira

Feb 9, 2021, 4:23:16 PM2/9/21
to Biology Club
Hi everyone,

Here is what I propose for this event.
Please give me any feedback!

Title: "Community Biology around the World" or "Bio Community around the World"

Blurb:
(We could later add the Labs joining the event, but as I'm just starting to contact them, there are no confirmations yet)

All around the world, communities of biologists, biohackers and biomarkers have come together to deliver easy access to science by providing DIY community laboratories centred around sharing ideas, building fellowships and contributing to innovation.

Learn more about the initiatives of several DIYbio communities spread around the globe in a virtual social event that aims to explore the mission and values of this movement.

Image

I think this image would be suitable

 Picture1.png

Chinna Devarapu

Feb 9, 2021, 4:36:29 PM2/9/21
to Bárbara Nogueira, Biology Club
 Looks quite good to me.

I like "Bio Community around the World"

--
http://biology-club.makespace.org
biolog...@makespace.org

Yours,
Chinna.

Ganga Chinna Rao Devarapu,
Photonics Researcher,
Cork Institute of Technology,
Cork, Ireland.

Bárbara Nogueira

Feb 12, 2021, 1:21:44 PM2/12/21
to Biology Club, Biology Club, Bárbara Nogueira, venkatavam...@gmail.com
The final title will then be  "Bio Community around the World"

Vamsi - do you have everything you need to post the event? I'm not sure what else I can do.
I think next week I can confirm all the speakers attending.

Best wishes,
Barbara

Bárbara Nogueira

Feb 22, 2021, 5:33:49 PM2/22/21
to Biology Club, Biology Club, Venkata Vamsi

Feb 23, 2021, 6:11:36 AM2/23/21
to Biology Club, barbaran...@gmail.com, Biology Club, Venkata Vamsi
Hi Barbara,

I have everything now. I updated the event on meetups page. I will post the event on Social media soon.
Thanks for all the work. Let me know if you need any help.

Tony Naggs

Feb 24, 2021, 9:08:46 AM2/24/21
to Venkata Vamsi, Biology Club
Hey all

I am confused about the start time of these events. The Biology Club mini website and Meetup say 7:30pm, whilst the tweets I've seen for this & the last event say 7pm!

Anyway, I have put these event details in the Biomakespace calendar (@7:30pm) - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=jdjujrmfk1d2jdchujk61267kk Also an event for the spectrometer event (with youtube link) and place holders for forthcoming events. Let me know if any details need changing.

Vamsi - I saw your tweet, when posting to social media may i suggest adding the date, time (and for this one particularly the timezone) to the text please? Some people do not have image previews enabled, and there is no alt text included for people using screen readers. I would also suggest "Join us ..." rather than "Join @biomakespace ...", but that is a style thing.

Cheers,
Tony

Vamsi

Feb 24, 2021, 9:21:06 AM2/24/21
to tony...@gmail.com, Biology Club
Hi Tony

Sorry about the mistake. It is at 7:30PM.
I will redo the tweets now.

Also, thank you for the suggestions. I will keep that in mind.
Kind Regards
Vamsi

Venkata Vamsi

Feb 24, 2021, 9:26:59 AM2/24/21
to Biology Club, tony...@gmail.com, Biology Club, Venkata Vamsi, Jenny Molloy
I deleted the Twitter post. I don't have access to the Facebook account. Could anyone who has the account delete the post?
I will redo the posts with timezones etc., later today.

Jenny Molloy

Feb 24, 2021, 3:08:04 PM2/24/21
to Venkata Vamsi, Biology Club, tony...@gmail.com
Thanks Vamsi!

+1 to Tony's suggestion of "join us" and maybe you could add something like "hosted by @cammakespace and @biomakespace".
To make it clear it is the two groups (now one group) together.
I think you were going to look at ideas for replacing the Biomakespace event Twitter card template with a Biology Club template? That will also make it clearer that it isn't only a Biomakespace event.
If I've misremembered, maybe someone else would be willing to pick that up! Here's our Getting Started Checklist which had a list of templates to edit and replace over time.

Jenny

Venkata Vamsi

Feb 24, 2021, 3:26:56 PM2/24/21
to Biology Club, jenny....@makespace.org, Biology Club, tony...@gmail.com, Venkata Vamsi
I will make a new template shortly. This event has 6 speakers and I mentioned their full names with their lab IDs on twitter. Character count on Twitter doesn't allow me to type anymore so I couldn't include anything else. I think this wouldn't be an issue for any further events.

I will get the new template and a couple of Logo suggestions done this week and update you all.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Bárbara Nogueira

Mar 2, 2021, 1:54:36 PM3/2/21
to Biology Club, Venkata Vamsi, Biology Club
Thanks for updating the event page Vamsi!
Can you please just add Abigail Wood as the speaker for Biomakespace?

Let me know if you need anything else.

Vamsi

Mar 2, 2021, 2:00:53 PM3/2/21
to Bárbara Nogueira, Biology Club
Thanks Barbara, will do.
I'll retweet and put a reminder on social media as well.