500 euros funding to openly document a biology workshop

Jenny Molloy

Sep 3, 2022, 1:39:36 PMSep 3
to Biology Club

Forwarding this in case anyone would like to apply!

Hope you are doing well, it’s a message from Chris on behalf of the open science charity JOGL. JOGL has funding again! and in the past you have been a part of the JOGL open science programmes (or with two or three of you, a colleague has passed me your email to send you this as they thought you might be interested), and so we wanted to let you know there is an opportunity for funding your own biology workshops. We have launched a program with iGEM where anyone in the world is eligible for 500 euros funding to document a workshop they have produced, or want to produce as long as they do it once before the deadline and lay this out in an open science manner. We are giving the best teams funding for their projects, in art with biology, microbiology, open science and any training or education/seminars you have given or would like to give that make sense to you in a teaching biology context. This is reviewed by our usual method of peer review so applicants such as yourself decide in the end who is given funding.

If you’re interested and have done or would like a funded workshop, apply here to learn more: https://app.jogl.io/peer-review/SOPbio1

You can also join us on our next community calls for the SOPBio initiative here: 7th September 6pm CET: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/7804345815?pwd=OS9ZZyt2UytFNnJPT3YvN3crQjE2Zz09  which will fund projects and reward successful teams who have applied by 25th September.

Best wishes and reply with any questions if you have any.

Chris