Next Biology Club Event: Detecting DNA 101 (In person and Online)

Bárbara Nogueira

Oct 30, 2021, 8:15:24 AM10/30/21
to Biology Club
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that on the 22nd of November at 8 pm we'll have the next Biology Club event.
Detecting DNA 101: Low cost tech for diagnostics and genetics
Speaker: Dr. Jenny Molloy

This demo session will introduce techniques for detecting DNA and ways in which people have been working to make them more accessible. We'll take case studies from the explosion of innovation in COVID testing since 2020 and show hands-on some of the hacks and makes that are driving down the cost of molecular biology.

Please join us in person at Makespace (wearing of masks is required).  Sign up here.

Or online via Zoom. Sign up here.

We hope to see you there!

Also, if you have any ideas/discussion topics that you'd like to see as part of the Biology Club events (or if you have a topic you'd like to present yourself), please give us a shout. Alternatively, if you'd also like to help organise or host the events you're always welcome! Please email us so we can add you to the team. Every little help is appreciated!

Thank you,
The Biology Club Organisers