Title and Little blurb for Feb 22 event

Chinna Devarapu

Feb 9, 2021, 2:42:17 PM2/9/21
to Biology Club
Hi everyone (particularly: Jenny, Vamsi, Carlos, Tony and Richard)

I would like to propose the title and a little intro for the event in the following.

Title: Low-cost spectrometers and how you can use them in your projects

Intro: Several low-cost spectrometers/spectrophotometers are available in the market and in the maker community. During this event, we will discuss about these off-the-shelf  as well as some cool maker friendly spectrometers. In particular, we will show how a simple spectrophotometer can be realised by hacking a fitness tracker. Don't worry if you didn't come across spectrometers so far. We will show you how you might be using them  already in your daily life.

Please let me know if the above title and intro seems alright for the event and the audience we are targeting.

Yours,
Chinna.

Jenny Molloy

Feb 9, 2021, 4:21:21 PM2/9/21
to Chinna Devarapu, Biology Club
Nice Chinna!
One addition I would suggest is to include "biology" in the title - particularly for the first meeting of biology club :)
"Low-cost spectrophotometers and how you can use them in your biology projects"?
I also suggest adding a quick note about what spectrophotometers are to the start of your description in case people don't know and maybe keep to one term and remove spectrometer to keep things simple?

Intro: Spectrophotometers are very important in biology because they determine the transmission of different wavelengths of light through samples to detect colour changes, monitor cell growth, calculate DNA and protein concentration and many other useful measurements. Several low-cost spectrophotometers are available in the market and in the maker community. During this event, we will discuss these off-the-shelf options as well as some cool maker-friendly DIY builds. In particular, we will show how a simple spectrophotometer can be realised by hacking a fitness tracker. Don't worry if you didn't come across spectrophotometers so far. We will show you how you might be using them already in your daily life.

Jenny

Chinna Devarapu

Feb 9, 2021, 4:34:41 PM2/9/21
to Jenny Molloy, Biology Club
Hi Jenny,

Thanks a lot for your inputs. I will add these as you suggested.
--
Yours,
Chinna.

Ganga Chinna Rao Devarapu,
Photonics Researcher,
Cork Institute of Technology,
Cork, Ireland.

Venkata Vamsi

Feb 12, 2021, 7:27:20 AM2/12/21
to Biology Club, Chinna Devarapu
Hi
Could you please tell me the full names of the speakers and the host?

Thanks
Vamsi

Venkata Vamsi

Feb 13, 2021, 9:13:00 AM2/13/21
to Biology Club, Chinna Devarapu
Hi all

Who are gonna be presenting on the 22nd event? @Chinna @Carlos @Tony and @Richard.
I would be posting the event on Social media. Let me know soon please.

Hope you are having a good weekend.

Vamsi

Chinna Devarapu

Feb 13, 2021, 9:30:36 AM2/13/21
to Venkata Vamsi, Biology Club
I will be presenting for sure.

Richard Hopper

Feb 13, 2021, 5:03:05 PM2/13/21
to Chinna Devarapu, Venkata Vamsi, Biology Club
I could talk about the AMS multi-spectral sensor chips, if you want.
Richard

--
http://biology-club.makespace.org
biolog...@makespace.org

Chinna Devarapu

Feb 13, 2021, 6:17:10 PM2/13/21
to Richard Hopper, Venkata Vamsi, Biology Club
Thanks, Richard. I will share slides, so you can add your slides as well.